Caspa certifications/registrations

Check the “professional certifications” box if you hold any current certifications (CNA, CPR, EMT, etc) and then list these certifications in the “Health Related Training” section of the application.

Check the “professional registrations” box if you are currently a member of a professional organization (American Academy of Physician’s Assistants, The American Heart Association, etc) and list these organizations in the “Organization 1, Organization 2”.

ktina - thanks for your response. this is what i have done, but in listing my professional org memberships (AACN) correctly, and then listing my certifications correctly (BLS, ACLS, PALS), I am still not clear where my nursing license goes.

i have read the instructions thoroughly and have yet to find a clear place to put actual licensure info. a state license is far different from a certification from an educational group, right? am i missing something?

The health related training section IS for licensures - nursing, EMT, phebotomy, etc. If you received a piece of paper that allows you to perform a function because of that piece of paper, it should be under health related training:

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/additional-information/health-related-training/

Q: What is a professional certification?

A: A professional certification means you have been certified to perform a professional activity. Common certifications include CPR, CNA, Phlebotomy, Nursing registration, EMT, etc.

If you received a certificate as a degree from an educatiional group with a transcript documenting your coursework, it should be in your coursework section.

[h=3]Q: I have a transcript for my certification. Where do I list my courses?[/h] A: If you have a transcript of your training which lists courses and grades for your work, these courses should be reported in the coursework section. Courses taken at a college or university may be listed as academic; courses taken at a hospital or other non-accredited institution should be listed as professional. You should still list the certification itself under “Health Related Training.”

[h=3]Q: I do not have a transcript for my certification. What do I do?[/h] A: If the only record of your training is the certification itself, nothing should be listed in the coursework section regarding this work. You should only list the certification under the “Health Related Training.”

• 2 weeks later...

Archived