There should be resources at your university. Most schools have a pre-health advising board to assist with these things or someone who specializes in personal statements for pre-health students in their writing center. Otherwise I think message boards are your best hope online...you should get some solid feedback here since everyone has gone through or going through the throes of the personal statement.

I have posted mine as well with minimal feedback. I'm at work currently but will read yours later and comment on it even though I am in no way an expert in writing these but I can comment on how it flows, and stuff like that.

Also, anybody else, I'm out of college and I'm wondering if are there any other resources available? Other than having friends and family around you read it.

Thank you.

I have posted mine as well with minimal feedback. I'm at work currently but will read yours later and comment on it even though I am in no way an expert in writing these but I can comment on how it flows, and stuff like that.

Also, anybody else, I'm out of college and I'm wondering if are there any other resources available? Other than having friends and family around you read it.

Thank you.

Generally community colleges have writing centers open for anyone who is seeking help in resumes, CVs, personal statements, etc. Just search your local CC's website and maybe call or email and ask if someone can help you out. Or use your alum status at your alma mater and try to have them help you. You've already given them enough money, the SOBs can at least throw you a bone.

Archived