LPN as HCE

Hi,

After I finish my Bachelor's next year, I plan on getting an LPN certificate. Once I get the LPN certificate I plan on working for a couple of years and completing my PA prereqs in CC. I have considered other HCE options such as an EMT or Phlebotomy as well. I definitely want to pursue primary care (Family Medicine) after PA school so I thought that LPN would give me more exposure to patients while being able to do more hands on work with them. I plan on working in a community clinic as well. I have also been told that if I do take the LPN route, I will have to explain to admissions as to why I did not carry on with nursing. I understand that are a multitude of ways to get into the PA route and any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have considered other HCE options such as an EMT or Phlebotomy as well. I definitely want to pursue primary care (Family Medicine) after PA school so I thought that LPN would give me more exposure to patients while being able to do more hands on work with them. I plan on working in a community clinic as well.

And there is your explanation when you are asked about it by the adcom IF it even comes up.. I would imagine they may only ask this question in the context of difference between a PA vs NP...

Archived