Is Medical Care Getting Worse in America?

I think we are going to be forced to either do rapid and lower quality care, go to high procedure fields or, like I'm doing right now, work your butt off (spending long times with each patient) and paying myself peanuts. In my situation, the issue hovering will be job satisfaction. You can only do the later for so long in most cases.

I blame a big part of it on the revenues totally wasted on the reimbursement process.

Proceduralists and interventionalists are about to get a BIG wake up call. They are going to see some massive cuts in reimbursements for procedures. Our reimbursement just for EMG's got cut....big time.

It's coming.

I think we are going to be forced to either do rapid and lower quality care, go to high procedure fields or, like I'm doing right now, work your butt off (spending long times with each patient) and paying myself peanuts. In my situation, the issue hovering will be job satisfaction. You can only do the later for so long in most cases.

I blame a big part of it on the revenues totally wasted on the reimbursement process.

Proceduralists and interventionalists are about to get a BIG wake up call. They are going to see some massive cuts in reimbursements for procedures. Our reimbursement just for EMG's got cut....big time.

It's coming.

Awww sweet :)

/end thread hijack, sorry Mike :)

That's okay. Hey, Dubai (UAE) is considering starting a PA program there. I would love to be an instructor in a program there. That's where my wife and I met and have always wanted to go back . . . so maybe as an instructor.

Awww sweet :)

/end thread hijack, sorry Mike :)

That's okay. Hey, Dubai (UAE) is considering starting a PA program there. I would love to be an instructor in a program there. That's where my wife and I met and have always wanted to go back . . . so maybe as an instructor.

It's coming.

My old neurology practice is about to go under because EMG/NCV in Medicare - aged (or disabled) patients was what kept them in the black.

It's coming.

My old neurology practice is about to go under because EMG/NCV in Medicare - aged (or disabled) patients was what kept them in the black.

It's going to be a very, very different landscape in 10 years Mike. Marked changes in reimbursement, quality metrics for everything....big changes coming.

It's going to be a very, very different landscape in 10 years Mike. Marked changes in reimbursement, quality metrics for everything....big changes coming.

Archived