Question about stating Duties for jobs on CASPA

Hey all,

Is there a preferred style for inputting job duties? Did you list yours with bullet points, or do short sentences? Did you type those sentences in paragraph format with transitions, fully written sentences? Or just let each sentence follow the previous so they were clumped together? Not sure what way looks the best to the application viewers.

Hey all,

Is there a preferred style for inputting job duties? Did you list yours with bullet points, or do short sentences? Did you type those sentences in paragraph format with transitions, fully written sentences? Or just let each sentence follow the previous so they were clumped together? Not sure what way looks the best to the application viewers.

Hey all,

I'm not sure if there's a preferred format, but I personally just separated mine by semi-colons. I feel like this section should do nothing more than simply list the duties. Your narrative will give them the opportunity to see your ability to construct understandable and grammatically correct sentences. But this is my first go round, so definitely correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if there's a preferred format, but I personally just separated mine by semi-colons. I feel like this section should do nothing more than simply list the duties. Your narrative will give them the opportunity to see your ability to construct understandable and grammatically correct sentences. But this is my first go round, so definitely correct me if I'm wrong.

I entered mine as bullet points, not complete sentences. I actually copy/pasted the majority of my duties from my resume directly into CASPA. I was accepted so it must have been ok. I thought a paragraph with complete sentences didn't flow particularly well.

I entered mine as bullet points, not complete sentences. I actually copy/pasted the majority of my duties from my resume directly into CASPA. I was accepted so it must have been ok. I thought a paragraph with complete sentences didn't flow particularly well.

I did basically the same thing. Made sure it was descriptive and accurate, but didn't worry overly much about grammar and beautifully scripted prose. ;)

I did basically the same thing. Made sure it was descriptive and accurate, but didn't worry overly much about grammar and beautifully scripted prose. ;)

Archived