Where should I get the last letter of recommendation?

Hello everyone,

Today, the physician assistant that I have been shadowing the past five months, wrote me my second recommendation letter. My first letter was from a registered dietitian who I worked with last year. My dilemma is where to get the third recommendation letter.

Currently, I volunteer in the Endoscopy department at my local hospital. When I go in once a week to shadow, I often spend time with both the physician assistant and supervising doctor. I have gotten to know both of them very well. However, after I shadow, I volunteer and help the registered nurses in the same department. Over the past eight months, I have gotten close to the nurses and I feel like they would write an excellent letter of recommendation.

My problem is that I'm not sure who to ask--- one of the nurses or the doctor?

I guess I would like to know your thoughts on the situation.

Hello everyone,

Today, the physician assistant that I have been shadowing the past five months, wrote me my second recommendation letter. My first letter was from a registered dietitian who I worked with last year. My dilemma is where to get the third recommendation letter.

Currently, I volunteer in the Endoscopy department at my local hospital. When I go in once a week to shadow, I often spend time with both the physician assistant and supervising doctor. I have gotten to know both of them very well. However, after I shadow, I volunteer and help the registered nurses in the same department. Over the past eight months, I have gotten close to the nurses and I feel like they would write an excellent letter of recommendation.

Hello everyone,

Definitely a professor of some sort. After all, we are trying to get into school, and some PA schools specifically ask that to be one of your letters.

But if you are stuck and can only get one of the nurses or doctors you mentioned, think about what you want out of the letter. Doctors would write differently than a nurse. I feel like the nurse would write more about how you would work well with everyone and how they would like working with you as a PA. Physicians would say similar things but from the viewpoint of you working well with him/ her and they would trust you working for them. Neither are bad, I guess its what would complement your other letters and maybe say things the other letters have not touched upon.

Definitely a professor of some sort. After all, we are trying to get into school, and some PA schools specifically ask that to be one of your letters.

But if you are stuck and can only get one of the nurses or doctors you mentioned, think about what you want out of the letter. Doctors would write differently than a nurse. I feel like the nurse would write more about how you would work well with everyone and how they would like working with you as a PA. Physicians would say similar things but from the viewpoint of you working well with him/ her and they would trust you working for them. Neither are bad, I guess its what would complement your other letters and maybe say things the other letters have not touched upon.

Archived