LORs - can I save them in CASPA for the next cycle?

Hi Everybody!

I am currently finishing my bachelors in science degree but I won't be applying until the next cycle (2014-2015). I want to get my letters of rec's this year from my professors/doctors this year because I am afraid that the letters will not be as great if it's their memory about me is not as fresh. My question is: would I need to re-ask them next year or can I get the LORs this year and save it in the CASPA system for the next cycle?

edit: opps I realized I posted this on the wrong section. X.x

Hi Everybody!

I am currently finishing my bachelors in science degree but I won't be applying until the next cycle (2014-2015). I want to get my letters of rec's this year from my professors/doctors this year because I am afraid that the letters will not be as great if it's their memory about me is not as fresh. My question is: would I need to re-ask them next year or can I get the LORs this year and save it in the CASPA system for the next cycle?

Hi Everybody!

The letters are only good for one cycle- so if you apply this year, you can only use them this cycle. If you're not applying until next year, you either save them for submission until the next year's cycle, or ask them to write the letters closer to the date you actually apply. CASPA doesn't save anything from year-to-year.

The letters are only good for one cycle- so if you apply this year, you can only use them this cycle. If you're not applying until next year, you either save them for submission until the next year's cycle, or ask them to write the letters closer to the date you actually apply. CASPA doesn't save anything from year-to-year.

Archived