When does CASPA calculate GPA?

In the FAQ, there is a statement regarding in progress work being calculated in your GPA: "...your updated transcripts must arrive at CASPA prior to your GPA calculation." I am taking Medical Terminology and Developmental Psychology as needed for school requirements.

1) Is there a button that tells CASPA when to calculate your GPA or does it only calculate your GPA when you are ready to submit the application?

2) Because my GPA is low (3.0 - undoubtedly lower when CASPA recalculates), should I calculate my GPA ...

a) after this current coursework is done (in effort to boost GPA even if just by 0.0001)

b) before this current coursework is done and then add it to the Academic Update (to show i'm capable of doing well, assuming I make an A).

3) The fine print also says some PA schools recalculate GPA's and omit the repeated grades, accepting the passing one. How true is that statement really? (i'm thinking not very...)

In the FAQ, there is a statement regarding in progress work being calculated in your GPA: "...your updated transcripts must arrive at CASPA prior to your GPA calculation." I am taking Medical Terminology and Developmental Psychology as needed for school requirements.

1) Is there a button that tells CASPA when to calculate your GPA or does it only calculate your GPA when you are ready to submit the application?

2) Because my GPA is low (3.0 - undoubtedly lower when CASPA recalculates), should I calculate my GPA ...

a) after this current coursework is done (in effort to boost GPA even if just by 0.0001)

b) before this current coursework is done and then add it to the Academic Update (to show i'm capable of doing well, assuming I make an A).

3) The fine print also says some PA schools recalculate GPA's and omit the repeated grades, accepting the passing one. How true is that statement really? (i'm thinking not very...)

Archived