What was your back up plan if you didn't get into PA school?

I would have kept my consulting job and worked part time as a paramedic as I did before I applied. I still run as a medic a few times a month now.

If I could, I would have seen if it was something beyond my age that would have kept me out of getting accepted and then made what adjustments I could have before applying again.

I think it's great that you're considering options. Options can make a huge difference. The best of all worlds is when you can do A or B and B would be OK with you, too.

Good luck!

I would have kept my consulting job and worked part time as a paramedic as I did before I applied. I still run as a medic a few times a month now.

If I could, I would have seen if it was something beyond my age that would have kept me out of getting accepted and then made what adjustments I could have before applying again.

I think it's great that you're considering options. Options can make a huge difference. The best of all worlds is when you can do A or B and B would be OK with you, too.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I just applied to PA school and have two backup plans. First is a Medical Lab Scientist program that I applied two. Second is paramedic school. I think paramedic school is likely to be much more helpful for PA school, but after working on an ambulance as an EMT-B and EMT-I for 10 years it'd be nice to spend some less time in the ambulance, so Medical Lab Scientist seems like a good education and career.

Archived