Should I take Upper Division Anatomy?

Hello! So I could take Upper Division Anatomy to get exposed to it again. I have already taken the AP1 and AP2. This semester I took Upper Division Physiology to help fulfill my upper division Bio requirements so I can apply this summer. If I don't take upper division anatomy I will have more study time for Organic Chemistry and I can take Biostatistics instead which will fulfill my back up plan (MPH). I have taken statistics but it was an intro class and I really don't remember anything from it. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Hello! So I could take Upper Division Anatomy to get exposed to it again. I have already taken the AP1 and AP2. This semester I took Upper Division Physiology to help fulfill my upper division Bio requirements so I can apply this summer. If I don't take upper division anatomy I will have more study time for Organic Chemistry and I can take Biostatistics instead which will fulfill my back up plan (MPH). I have taken statistics but it was an intro class and I really don't remember anything from it. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

You will be taking advanced anatomy in your PA program. Unless the programs you want to apply to require A and P to be separate courses, I wouldn't worry too much about taking more anatomy now. Also, The O-Chem isn't a requirement at too many programs so I'm thinking you're a Bio major who needs it to graduate or perhaps to take BioChem (which is more often a requirement at PA schools but often needs O-Chem for pre-req).

You will be taking advanced anatomy in your PA program. Unless the programs you want to apply to require A and P to be separate courses, I wouldn't worry too much about taking more anatomy now. Also, The O-Chem isn't a requirement at too many programs so I'm thinking you're a Bio major who needs it to graduate or perhaps to take BioChem (which is more often a requirement at PA schools but often needs O-Chem for pre-req).

I also wouldn't worry about it. It could help in anatomy at PA school a little bit, but probably won't help that much...anatomy will be a lot of work either way. It sounds like your time can be better used elsewhere. If you are truly interested in medicine, you probably won't find gross anatomy that hard because it's so interesting!

I also wouldn't worry about it. It could help in anatomy at PA school a little bit, but probably won't help that much...anatomy will be a lot of work either way. It sounds like your time can be better used elsewhere. If you are truly interested in medicine, you probably won't find gross anatomy that hard because it's so interesting!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived