science GPA: non-major vs major course

I have a question about calculating non-major science course vs major science course.

How does CASPA differentiate between the two? Or do they add the non-major science courses to the science GPA?

For an example, I took Elementary Chemistry (for non-major) which is a pre-req for General Chemistry, for science majors.

I know the schools only want pre-req courses for science majors only. Do I then submit science courses only?

please help!

I have a question about calculating non-major science course vs major science course.

How does CASPA differentiate between the two? Or do they add the non-major science courses to the science GPA?

For an example, I took Elementary Chemistry (for non-major) which is a pre-req for General Chemistry, for science majors.

I know the schools only want pre-req courses for science majors only. Do I then submit science courses only?

please help!

It still counts as a science and should be reported as such on CASPA if it appears that way on your transcript. I wouldn't expect schools to give your grades in those classes much merit however. They will probably look at the grades for your General Chemistry classes for example, rather than Elementary Chemistry, in considering your performance in prerequisite science courses.

It still counts as a science and should be reported as such on CASPA if it appears that way on your transcript. I wouldn't expect schools to give your grades in those classes much merit however. They will probably look at the grades for your General Chemistry classes for example, rather than Elementary Chemistry, in considering your performance in prerequisite science courses.

Archived