A&P prereq question

On the Duke admissions website it says you need one class of anatomy and one of physiology. Does this mean two semesters of A&P? I only ask because it says all prereqs need to be finished by the end of the fall semester and I can only take A&P 1 in the fall which may cause some application issues. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

On the Duke admissions website it says you need one class of anatomy and one of physiology. Does this mean two semesters of A&P? I only ask because it says all prereqs need to be finished by the end of the fall semester and I can only take A&P 1 in the fall which may cause some application issues. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Some schools break down Anatomy and Physiology into separate courses. You would take one semester and Anatomy and one semester of Physiology. The substitue for that is TWO semesters of A and P that is integratively taught. So I am afraid you are going to have to finish A+P 1 and A+P 2...

Side note... I know you may be smart and a fast learner, but I would not try to take on PA school without a good foundation in A and P...and other hard sciences. Healthcare experience is great... but if you dont know your A and P then you may not fair well in PA school.

Some schools break down Anatomy and Physiology into separate courses. You would take one semester and Anatomy and one semester of Physiology. The substitue for that is TWO semesters of A and P that is integratively taught. So I am afraid you are going to have to finish A+P 1 and A+P 2...

Side note... I know you may be smart and a fast learner, but I would not try to take on PA school without a good foundation in A and P...and other hard sciences. Healthcare experience is great... but if you dont know your A and P then you may not fair well in PA school.

Thanks for the reply. I've cleared all my prereqs but a&p and micro due to switching from premed. I'm sure there is no way to petition the one semester of a&p 2 in order to apply either. Duke is the only school I've seen with the December prerequisite deal. Disappointing because I was looking forward to the opportunity to apply to Duke.

Thanks for the reply. I've cleared all my prereqs but a&p and micro due to switching from premed. I'm sure there is no way to petition the one semester of a&p 2 in order to apply either. Duke is the only school I've seen with the December prerequisite deal. Disappointing because I was looking forward to the opportunity to apply to Duke.

Archived