Degree for Pre-PA?

I am going to exit high school next year, and I want to be a PA. I want to get a Bachelor's that will take care of my Pre-req classes and allow me to get a job (since I'm planning on taking a 2-3 year break between Pre-PA to PA school.) Any thoughts?

I've looked around and one of the degrees that knocks out my pre-reqs is biology but I'm not sure I can get a job with it.

Also would you advise against the break between school?

Thanks in advance.

Biology would fill the prerequisite classes, and you can probably get a job, but it would likely not be patient contact. It would probably be lab work. Other degrees include like nursing and medical lab sciences could give you patient contact experience right after you graduate. If you plan on amassing patient contact as an EMT or other similar job during school, then I don't think it particularly matters what major you pick. I would just pick what you are most interested in. If you want to get a degree you can use for patient contact after school, then biology is probably not the best choice. As for taking a 2-3 year break and whether or not its a good idea, it really depends on what you plan to do with that time.

Archived