Jehovah Witnesses and blood transfusions

A friend of mine is working towards making a full feature film regarding JWs and their policy of refusing blood transfusions (but not blood faction products) and has put together a trailer:

I thought some of you might enjoy the video as well as it being a good point of topic for discussion. Any initial thoughts?

Might be a good movie, but that's not a good trailer at all. Too slow. Music is all wrong. It doesn't make me interested in seeing more, & that's the primary job of a good trailer.

Not trying to sound mean to be mean. But as someone who also dabbles in writing, I know how valuable criticism can be from those who aren't sugar coating things to be nice. He's gotta hook the viewers before 1/3 of the trailer is over, & in the film he has to do it before the first 10 minutes are up. Looks like that may be a good scene in the movie, but it just doesn't work as a trailer, & the music doesn't feel right, even for the scene. Tell him to keep plugging away & to not give up... & good luck too :)

Archived