South Carolina Undergrad

Hello, I am currently attending Lock Haven University in PA completing a degree in Health Science with a concentration in Pre-PA. I have family moving to South Carolina and was thinking of moving with them. Does anyone know what major I could apply for or a school? I am so used to the concentration in Pre-PA that everything is laid out for me here to get everything done. However, I am looking at undergrad schools and none have like Health Science so I wasn't sure if just a biology major would work as long as I complete the required courses. Thanks.

Get a degree in liberal studies and take the classes you want. Major doesn't matter... Having your prerequisites completed, a bachelors in anything, HCE, shadowing, and volunteer hours matter. Got my degree in communications. IMO get a degree in something that'll land you a job working with patients.

I also was originally going for a health science pre-pa degree the schools around me offer a A.A and B.A in health science. After deciding not to go the health science route (don't believe there's really anything you can do with it by itself) I am going for a medical lab science degree.

Major in an allied health profession so you can get certified, earn HCE, and make a decent living while trying to get into PA school.

Definitely agree with this. Whether its a BSN, Ultrasound, Respiratory, etc. I would get something that will support you should you not get into PA school the first time around. I was a Public Health degree seeker and quickly realized that it doesn't really offer anything job wise, especially if you don't have a Master's or higher. I would highly suggest you look into something that involves patient care and provides you a living. FWIW, Ultrasound is good HCE and they make a killing.

Archived