LOR question

I had planned to get my LOR's from a PA I shadow and one of my professors. For my third letter I have a few options. Would it be wise to get a LOR from a paramedic I've worked with? Or would it be better to seek out another academic or possibly try to shadow a physician and ask for a LOR? I have a close friend graduating medical school in May who would probably write me one but not sure if that is the best route. Anyway, responses appreciated, thanks everyone!

I would go with the person that knows you the best! They wouldn't want to see one from a close friend because that letter would be biased! I would ask for one from one of the paramedics that you worked with. They would be able to speak about your work ethic and your patient care. All of your bases would be covered then. Your professor can speak about your academic performance, the PA can endorse that you would be the right fit for the career, and your colleague will cover your work ethic/patient care.

Archived