Physiscian Assistants in Clinical Research or Pharma/Biotech companies

Hi Everyone:

Are there any PAs working in clinical reserach or working for a pharma/biotech company? I have been a PA for 5 years practicing in primary care in Southern California and looking into transitioning into clinical research. Any advice/input is greatly appreciated...

I worked in clinical research in my first two jobs out of PA school. Best place to look for work would be an academic medical center that runs clinical trials. Then if it interested you, you could consider transitioning to being a clinical research coordinator, either with an academic medical center or with a pharmaceutical/biotech company. However, that typically involves a lot of travel, plus it would not bea true Physician Assistant role.

My undergraduate degree was in psychology, and I did an Honors Program that involved a research thesis. Clinical studies in psychology have a great deal in common with clinical trials in medicine (double blind, placebo controlled, etc.). If you could take courses in epidemiology or biostatistics that would be an asset.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived