Programs that allow clinicals in home state

Hello

I need to know what schools allow you to do your clinicals in your home state instead of their usual places. I live in Minnesota and am a single dad. I would really prefer not to move because of my son and needing help from family. I really want to get into Augsburg but I need to prepare for other out of state options in case that doesn't work. I'm willing to travel knowing that I could do one year of didactic and move back to MN for clinicals. Two years away just feels like too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Brian

Does your program have a regional agreement? My school is part of the WWAMI* region; I attend school in Washington, but will return home for clinicals in my home state. A regional relationship is more likely if the surrounding states don't have (m)any med/PA programs.

You could also call Augsburg and ask this specific question. Best to get the answer directly from the source.

*Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho.

I'm going to apply at UND, Bethel, Augsburg, Madison and maybe Iowa. That way I will be able to do clinicals in the Twin Cities. I was just wondering if there were other schools that would allow the same thing. I don't really want to call Augsburg and ask them what other schools I should apply to. Thanks for your help and responding though.

Archived