Should I accept admissions offer or apply to other programs?

Hey everyone, I'm seeking some advice. For the current CASPA application cycle, I only applied to 2 schools due to taking several prerequisite courses last summer and taking the GRE early fall (in retrospect, I should have started working on some aspects of the application prior to summer school, but what's done is done). I was interested in several other schools that had September/October deadlines, but simply wasn't ready to turn in my application at that time. I just interviewed at one of the programs I applied to and received an acceptance for their class starting this fall. Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but should I accept the offer even though I haven't given myself the chance to apply/interview at other schools? I really enjoyed my interview day with this program and I believe I would have a good experience there, but I also wonder whether any of the programs I haven't had the chance to apply to could be a better fit for me. On the other hand, I would really hate to turn down an acceptance and then come to realize that I don't like the other programs any better than the one I have an acceptance to (not to mention waiting a whole extra year to start). Has anyone else had a similar experience or any advice to offer? I think if I felt only so-so about the program then I would definitely do another round of CASPA, but like I said I think I would have a good experience at this school. I mostly just don't want to regret not exploring other programs.

First congrats on getting in! I think it would depend on your application stats. IMO if you think your application is flawless then wait. If you feel not so sure then why risk it. If I was in your shoes I'd take the seat and not gamble. I'd like to compare it to deal or no deal. You have 2 boxes left. In 1 box you have $1 mil and the other you have $10. If you were on the show and were offered $500k what would you be thinking? I'd rather walk away with $500k and then use that money to make it $1 mil. I'd take the seat and not gamble and then see what opportunities present themselves later.

Archived