Low caspa gpa?

I already know that I will have a low GPA when CASPA recalculates. I graduated undergrad with a 3.08 and I don't doubt that my Science GPA is lower. Financially, retaking certain courses wouldn't be in my best interest AND with the calculation of all the grades, I don't believe it would be academically beneficial unless they count like a F, a C and an A as a total of a B.

I currently have ~1200 Direct Patient Care Experience hours (working as a ED Tech in the ER which my job allows flu swabs, strep throat, EKGs, Telemtry transport, catheters), am CNA certified, am BLS [CPR] certified, and am currently working on obtaining Shadow Experience (my goal is at least 50 hours). I also will take a Medical Terminology course in April, and plan to take the GRE in May (and if necessary repeat in August).

Will they simply stop reading after viewing my GPA or will they look deeper to see if I may have a chance?

It depends on the program. Some sort applicants by GPA and work their way down until all seats are filled. Some give preference in geographic location. A few look at religious affiliation or preference some other affiliation be it military or Native American. And others look at the applicant as a whole. Coming from a low GPA myself I would do some homework on the programs I'm interested in and see what their average class statistics are and apply to the ones that match you the best.

Archived