Interesting a bit derogatory discussion about midlevel providers at EMTLife.com

He calls multiple professions 'quacks' without having gone through their training. Even if you went to medical school, if you haven't gone through PA/NP school, what you are saying is just conjecture. I would not call myself lesser dedicated either. I served as a Medic in the Army before PA school and came close to death in foreign countries more than I would care to recall. If that isn't dedication to one's profession, show me what is.

He also called the entire United States Department of Defense simpletons. There are some incompetent people within the DoD, but to make such a blanket statement is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. He talks about sacrifices, but if he were asked to make some of the same sacrifices that some servicemembers have, he would be in the corner crying for mommy. I'm generally not such an angry person, but this was over the top.

YUT!

And thanx for your service!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

R U serious?? I don't know this dude but his first three posts on there made him look like a tool...

I would admit his analysis in that particular thread isn't kind. I have spoken with the guy about this before and while I cannot speak for him here, we had agreed in the past that PAs are a good model for delivering care in the sub-specialty dominated United States.

Never the less, my post was mainly to point out that the Veneficus over there isn't just an ems guy spouting off at PAs; if only to keep the thread honest. Obviously, I respect my own career choice, and respect the PAs out there who practice everyday.

Archived