HOLD status after interview

Hi,

After my interview with my top choice program, I got a letter stating "the Admissions Committee has agreed to keep your application active for the next admissions cycle. At this time the Admissions Committee has placed your application in a HOLD status."

Has anyone else gotten this letter after their interview?? What exactly does this mean??

What are my chances of getting into the program in the fall; if any.

Thanks in advance for all your comments

Number 1) keep trying to get in contact. It's possible that there was a mix up with someone else's application that requested such a hold. I just can't imagine programs (without you prompting them) HOLDING apps of the ppl who weren't accepted. Thought 2) is there a chance the program you interviewed for was up for accreditation that year and didnt get it? Could they be not accepting a class for this year after all?

Thanks for your comments.

I will keep trying till I get an answer. The school is accredited and the next visit is not until 2015 so I don't think that's the case. I am trying to be positive and see it as if I was wait listed. Is just weird for them to use HOLD as a way to say waitlist.

Archived