DUINS residency outside of Navy

Operational>OCONUS>CONUS

Greenside/NSW/Carrier>OCONUS MTF>CONUS MTF (MTF=hospital or branch clinic)

IPAP>HPSP/HCSP>DA

I work literally down the hall from the current Assistant Specialty Leader so fire away shipmates.

Sorry Sir, can you explain this a little more for me? Are you listing the needs of the Navy from greatest to least?

Operational>OCONUS>CONUS

Greenside/NSW/Carrier>OCONUS MTF>CONUS MTF (MTF=hospital or branch clinic)

IPAP>HPSP/HCSP>DA

I work literally down the hall from the current Assistant Specialty Leader so fire away shipmates.

Sorry Sir, can you explain this a little more for me? Are you listing the needs of the Navy from greatest to least?

Yes. The same question has been asked and answered in a very general way on various threads found on the net. I am saying to those coming in to the fleet that you WILL be placed in a billet after it is decided where the Navy needs you based largely on the pattern and priority I described in that post. Good luck in your studies HMtoPA.

The following is not directed at any one person:

The current SL is transparent in his statements on what to expect. This is a good thing and one should expect a utilization tour...you will be utilized as needed! If you are tasked to deploy you will deploy. Expect no special consideration based on what YOU think is fair. Needs of the Navy people. Compensation is good for a reason...

Yes. The same question has been asked and answered in a very general way on various threads found on the net. I am saying to those coming in to the fleet that you WILL be placed in a billet after it is decided where the Navy needs you based largely on the pattern and priority I described in that post. Good luck in your studies HMtoPA.

The following is not directed at any one person:

The current SL is transparent in his statements on what to expect. This is a good thing and one should expect a utilization tour...you will be utilized as needed! If you are tasked to deploy you will deploy. Expect no special consideration based on what YOU think is fair. Needs of the Navy people. Compensation is good for a reason...

Metallicat:

Just FYI, I know of plenty of IPAP students from the most recently graduated class that have gone on to operational billets for their first tour. Don't know if it's different for the direct accession folks, but I would think that current "needs of the Navy" dictate orders more than any sort of ideal career progression.

Yeah, I went to ODS with the IPAP students that graduated in 2010 and a large number(almost all maybe) of them went straight to FMF billets. However I think every single Direct Accession we were with went to a shore billet. That being said, I think everyone of us deployed within 12 months.

Metallicat:

Just FYI, I know of plenty of IPAP students from the most recently graduated class that have gone on to operational billets for their first tour. Don't know if it's different for the direct accession folks, but I would think that current "needs of the Navy" dictate orders more than any sort of ideal career progression.

Yeah, I went to ODS with the IPAP students that graduated in 2010 and a large number(almost all maybe) of them went straight to FMF billets. However I think every single Direct Accession we were with went to a shore billet. That being said, I think everyone of us deployed within 12 months.

Just got of ODS about a month ago. All the PAs were HPSP/HCSP or DA, all of use are at shore billets. But like Metallicat pointed out most of us have already been told that we should expect a deployment within the next 6-12 months.

Just got of ODS about a month ago. All the PAs were HPSP/HCSP or DA, all of use are at shore billets. But like Metallicat pointed out most of us have already been told that we should expect a deployment within the next 6-12 months.

Thanks for the additional insight. What about the "IPAP>HPSP/HCSP>DA" part? Are you saying that IPAP folks are more likely to incur an operational billet right away based on previous fleet experience? Sorry if I seem a little dense, lol.
By saying more likely I would say yes compared to a DA/HPSP PA with no experience in an operational environment. A good role in that case is a blueside billet at a branch clinic on the USMC bases. But as stated, you will be tracked for IA deployments with USMC, USA...you have to get that experience somewhere.

Thanks for the additional insight. What about the "IPAP>HPSP/HCSP>DA" part? Are you saying that IPAP folks are more likely to incur an operational billet right away based on previous fleet experience? Sorry if I seem a little dense, lol.
By saying more likely I would say yes compared to a DA/HPSP PA with no experience in an operational environment. A good role in that case is a blueside billet at a branch clinic on the USMC bases. But as stated, you will be tracked for IA deployments with USMC, USA...you have to get that experience somewhere.

Archived