Vicodin and PAs

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57565943/fda-panel-votes-for-more-restrictions-on-vicodin/

All major news outlets it seems covered this important story. The FDA is looking raise the category. All the news reports imply this will prevent PA and NP and dentist from prescribing the medication. I prescribe oxycodone for patients (sparingly for acute issues) and it is allowed. So I am confused by what this policy actually does against PA's. Are there any data suggesting that PAs or Dentists bring about more abuse problems or lazy prescribing ? I wonder how many lobbyists are involved in the FDA's decision making here ? Can anyone shed some light on this issue. Maybe something the new PA organization could get involved in. Submitting letters to some of the news outlets like NPR covering the story big time letting them know how much limiting PAs prescribing of such an essential medicine could be an issue.

the idiot who wrote it didn't know many pa's have sch 2 authority.

we should look at this as an opportunity to get all pa's sch 2 authority to adequately tx pts pain.

either that or you will see t3's and tramadol rx #s go up, both less effective drugs than vicodin.

Archived