Primary Care Stipend

I think some of you who have gotten acceoted to Yakima have been in contact with the students ahead of us. Have any of you asked if they recommend buying the Recommended Textbook Information? I agree with you, I thought we would have seen information regarding the A&P class atleast that starts in March 1st. I am not one that likes suprises the day before. :) Kate

I think some of you who have gotten acceoted to Yakima have been in contact with the students ahead of us. Have any of you asked if they recommend buying the Recommended Textbook Information? I agree with you, I thought we would have seen information regarding the A&P class atleast that starts in March 1st. I am not one that likes suprises the day before. :) Kate

I could help with that. :) You def need the A&P textbook. Several classmates used older editions which seemed to work just fine, but I liked having the online component since it had practice quizzes. Some of the real quizzes had questions from the practice ones, so there was some benefit. I don't recall what all came in the packet now, but I didn't use any of the other stuff. I think it was an atlas...and something else.

"Primary care stipend information will be coming very soon. Decisions are being made now and we will notify all applicants of their award status very soon. Awardees will be called and sent an official notification of award. Those not awarded will receive notification by regular mail."

This was the last I heard from Mariah on 2/7. I've also heard from others the first week of A&P. So we are getting close to knowing more! Hang in there :)

Tracie

I feel like we did waiting for interviews and then "the call" watching these forums - my heart flipflopped when I saw a new post in here. You'd think I'd be over that by now and have learned patience as well - but noooo... I'm with you Mike - I'm in a perpetual state of "must know" and "have they called yet?"

Amy - Did you get your flash drive in the mail? If you read the last page of the "Questions for Current Students" thread, you'll see that I didn't get mine. I'm wondering if the same thing happened to you. I called up to the MEDEX office yesterday, and Mariah emailed me all of the docs a few hours later. One document says we'll get an email Friday the 1st with login info, and that the program starts Monday.

Hope that helps!

Tracie & Mike: Nothing for me either. Oh well, it would have been great but the money is the last of my worries when it comes to a rewarding career is the way I look at it! Although, less student loans would have really lightened the load :) Best of luck to everyone else!

-Shawn

Archived