Automatic disqualification?

Well I'm particularly interested in this program because they do not utilize CASPA in their application reviews. My concern is that they won't see my improvement throughout the years by seeing just one cGPA number.

Through CASPA, I think my cGPA will be 2.77, and sGPA 2.706. I'm pretty sure of my calculation give or take 0.02

Well, if that is the case, then you wouldn't meet their admissions criteria and would be disqualified. I'm having trouble understanding how your undergrad gpa could be a 2.75 and then your cum GPA is only 2.77. Unless you have only taken like one or two grad classes, it seems like it should be higher with the 3.75 grad GPA that you have.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 170 undergraduate credits, and about 20 graduate classroom credits.

Also, when I say my undergrad gpa is a 2.75, that is straight from my school calculation of grades. The way CASPA calculates, it brings my GPA down due to a B+, C+, being calculated as 3.3 and 2.3 instead of 3.5 and 2.5.

• 4 weeks later...

Chunky521 -

Probably the best thing to do is to drop us a line and have one of us look at your transcripts. Based purely on your description above, you might be in rough shape. Moving a GPA can be difficult. As an example, if you have 100 credits of "C" (2.0) level work, it would take another 100 credits of "A" (4.0) level work to bring it up to a "B."

Having said that, if you took a tough graduate load and performed very well, there might a little wiggle room. If you contact PA programs, most of them are usually happy to suggest things that could improve your record. Sometimes the improvement might be prohibitive in terms of time and cost, however.

Archived