Anyone getting ready for the 2011 application?

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm also applying for the 2011-2012 cycle. Pretty excited about the CU program...just starting to work my way through all of the pre-reqs and stuff. Phew. There's a lot of stuff out there. Does anyone know where the best place to start would be for finding healthcare experience that doesn't require additional schooling?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. But I have recently graduated from the University of Central Florida with a bachelor's in Health Services Administration. I have always wanted to be a PA but got overwhelmed by the science coursework as an undergrad and have realized it's worth the hard work and dedication to reach my goal. I am currently taking my prereqs and am becoming CNA certified within the next week in order to gain HCE. I will not complete my prereqs until next year (Summer 2012) is it too soon to apply to the September 2011 cycle? I have heard that it can take a year to get in or if you are waitlisted even longer. Will I even be able to apply without completing my classes or my HCE? Thanks for your help! Greatly appreciated! :)

• 2 weeks later...

erinbucf7, I think they only allow you to have a certain number of classes in progress before you apply. For most schools, you can have no more than two prereqs in progress. If you have more than two, you will need to wait until the next application cycle to apply.

• 1 month later...

hey!

ya sure am applying now... and especially excited for the cu program. i am in my senior year at colorado state university. my gpa is 3.1 science 3.0..... gre pretty low 980 verb/quan.... 1180 hours of health care experience as an emt-b and emt-p student great lor's and personal statement.... 190 credits as an undergrad 21 years old bs biology major, chem and biomed sci. minor...... think i have any chance....?... cu is a great school!!!

-thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm late to the game and am applying now as well, my CASPA is just waiting for my transcripts. I graduated in 2010 as a Neuroscience major and my states are similar to yours michaelfriedman (3.2 science, 3.5 overall), but with 2 years of volunteer work and no paid hce. I'm super nervous because its so competitive!

Hi! I'm late to the game and am applying now as well, my CASPA is just waiting for my transcripts. I graduated in 2010 as a Neuroscience major and my states are similar to yours michaelfriedman (3.2 science, 3.5 overall), but with 2 years of volunteer work and no paid hce. I'm super nervous because its so competitive!

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted my CASPA a couple of weeks ago, but they have not mailed it yet. I have a 3.75 overall gpa and 3.45 science, but we will see what CASPA calculates. I work as a PT aide, transporter and monitor technician, about 800 hours total right now. How have the apps gone for everyone else? Good luck to everybody!

Hi everyone- I tried to post this a little while ago, but it doesn't look like it went through. I apologize if it's on here twice. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone who has already submitted their applications has heard anything? Good news or bad news? I submitted my app in mid/late June and haven't heard anything at all. According to another thread on this forum from last year, they don't start sending out rejections until January. Has anyone else heard that?

Thanks, and good luck to you all!

I am finished and waiting to hear from the programs I applied to. I am trying not to let nerves settle in. My grades are strong, I have a 20 year career as a Respiratory Therapist plus 80 plus hours of shadowing a couple of the PAs in my area. I live in a rural community, and will be coming back here to practice. I just want in...I've waited long enough for "it" to me my turn. One of the programs I have applied to has extended their application cut off date. This makes me wonder if they feel they do not have enough applicants, or want a larger field to choose from. Either way, I am willing to re-locate for Grad school anywhere in the US.

Hey everyone,

one more fellow applicant here. It's certainly interesting to spend so much time and effort on CASPA and the secondary only to find yourself sitting around and waiting for any word! I'm sure it's a long process, going through the applications. cs7625, that's good to know about last year's applicants... hopefully we will all start hearing back soon. Good luck everyone!

Archived