Is age an acceptance factor?

From what I've researched, depends on the program. For programs that emphasize academics that age could well be the median. For programs that emphasize work experience, that'd be a big young, but I doubt you'd get discriminated on about your age per se. In fact, if your work experience was on par with several older applicants, that could actually work in your favor. You might impress them with doing so much at so young an age.

Either way, I don't see your age itself as being a limiting factor, more work experience for those programs that value it highly.

I've gotten two interviews so far and I just turned 21 last month...I feel that in one sense I have a disadvantage though because I am just graduating college this spring and that doesn't leave much time to get direct patient care hours... but I feel that that's going to be similar with most applicants who are just graduating from college around the time that the programs are starting...

I am turning 23 in a couple months and got accepted when i was 22. I also got those pre-requisite as degree, volunteer experience, shadow, HCE and community service. I had several interviews so I don't think they will look at your age to determine if you get interview or not. But the interview will be the key to test your maturity. I interviewed at this one school, my first choice, but as soon as I walked in the room for interview, they asked me " so what do you do now", I said " i am finishing my under-grad and...", before I could finish my sentence to add up also working as MA, they raise their heads and their voice " so you are still in school?". Since that moment, I had a vibe that it wouldn't go well. And yup, rejected letter a month later.

Archived