MCPHS or PCOM

I have been offered a position at both programs and I admit that I'm extremely torn on which choice to make. I'm a resident of Massachusetts and I live 25 minutes walking distance from MCPHS, but PCOM is an incredible opportunity as well:

PCOM

Pro

100% recent PANCE Pass rate

Cheaper by over $30 grand

26 month program

Con

Located in a rural/surburban? area of Philadephia

I would have to move

MCPHS

Pro

Ability to continue with my research position and solidify relationships with medical professionals

Is the location I would want to work in the future

I wouldn't have to change my living situation and could still be close to my family + I like living in Boston

Con

under 90% recent PANCE pass rate

more costly by $30 grand

30 month program

Help! I know that in the end the final opinion depends on me, but I would love to hear your opinions!

I would go where you want to work. Sounds like that is Boston. The relationships you build on your clinicals are critical to finding a job after you gain PA-C status. Just my 2 cents and the advice I get from other medical professionals.

I agree with this advice. I have question though, that calculated cost you have for PCOM includes your living situation? Because if not, we can say that staying in Boston will still be cheaper. Maybe?

I would go with the cheaper program with the higher pance rate. 30 grand is significantly cheaper.

I live in Philly area. Living expense (housing) would exceed the $30,000 saved in tuition. However, I know PCOM is highly regarded (even higher than some MD schools), and the PANCE rate is extremely appealing for me.

Archived