New grad part time family practice

I was wondering what is the norm for a part time family practice PA for a new grad? I recently rejected an offer in orlando, FL where the doc wanted to pay me $25/hr with really no benefits and told me that because its part time, the hourly wage decreases. Too be honest, I was kind of offended by that offer. I haven't been able to find the part time average salary on the AAPA salary report, and am wondering if it really does differ from full time by that much? My expectations are between 36-38/hr. Is that too high? Wanted an opinion from someone experienced. What kind of benefits should I still fight for if I am going for part time (20 hours min)?

Thanks.

part time/on call positions should pay MORE, not less than full time because they are not giving you benefits.

at my current job we give on call folks a shift differential of something like 15 dollars/hr over the regular rate.

38-40/hr for part time anything should be the min you accept.

at my first job out of pa school I made 28/hr + full benefits+ time and a half for long shifts, > 40 hrs/week, etc. I made well over 70k that first year.

Reading threads like this make me sad. Not because I'm only getting into the PA thing for the money, but because I'm going to be coming out with 130k+ in debt. $25 an hour is pretty rough.

hold out for more than that. don't accept a low ball offer. there are MANY jobs out there for new grads at 80k+/yr

Archived