How and When do they choose who to interview?

This is a bit broad because it obviously encompasses a lot of schools but I was wondering if anyone has any insight.

I applied in Oct to 3 schools and I've been accepted to two of them, and won't hear from the third until feb. An acquaintance I took the pre-reqs with applied in Nov and hasn't gotten word from anyone yet. He however is far more qualified than me on paper. In real life I can say that he definitely was the best student in all of the sciences. He was a leader in each class and he has spent the last 5 years as an LPN. He seems to be a shoo-in for at least an interview but nothing yet.

Do you guys think the one month difference in application is whats making the difference?

How often do the schools that he applied to interview? I applied to a couple knowing full well that it was too late for the first round interviews. So I ended up waiting a coulple of months for the second round. You applied in Oct, and he applied in Nov....he may have just missed the deadline for that particular schools interview session.

Or, what Steve said.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the schools. Some do not even look at apps until after their deadline, some review apps on a rolling basis meaning as they come in, they look at them and schedule for an interview if they like the person. In the first situation, you wouldnt hear back as soon as you would with the latter.

Start dates also play a part in how soon they contact for interviews ....a school starting 6/13 will interview and fill seats sooner than a program starting 1/14

Archived