Class of 2013

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also got an email today for the Feb 18th interview... Trying not to freak out too much! Thanks for the rundown bpalm! I read on the forum from someone last year that the interview was a lot of rapid-fire questions. Any advice? Also, what does the writing portion consist of? Is it a personal essay sort of thing?

wageeslin: they just moved into the facility about a month ago. I don't know if you're from knoxville, but the location is at the old Goody's headquaters on parkside drive. you should be able to put it in google maps and find the location without a problem.

BrittanyC: I sent my caspa to them in july and received a notification that they had everything in december. the best thing to do is just try to call them and make sure they have everything. after the feb 18 interview day, they said there would be 2-3 more interview dates. just hang in there!

lindseyrice: the writing sample is just 2 half page essays. basic, general stuff. it's just to give them a better idea of who you are. there shouldn't be any pressure, there are no wrong answers. Best of luck!

I had my interview last Friday- and the only suggestion I really have is to go in there and be confident! For the group interview there were three different panels going on- so we were all asked different questions by different faculty based on what group we were in. My group had a lot of ethical scenario questions, which you can't really prepare for, the most important part is to just be confident in your answer and stand firm by it, there really are no right or wrong answers. The individual interview isn't even an actual interview- they just pull you in there and tell you if you got in or not!

I did, I'm really excited about it! Good luck with your interview!!!

OH, just an FYI- if you are accepted, they say you have 2 weeks to put down a deposit ($1500) to reserve your spot. Not really a big deal if you know South is where you want to attend, but a couple of people I interviewed with had interviews scheduled at other schools over the next couple of weeks, and they weren't really too happy about that.

Archived