What Master deggre should I pursue?

• Administrator

What do you want to be when you grow up?

* MPAS. Boring, predictable, easy, just money out of your pocket and a bit of review. May open up opportunities, but not too many.

* MPH. Want to do research or prevention work?

* M.Ed. Want to teach?

* MHA/MBA/MPA. Want to do paperwork?

* MA in psych/counseling. Want to counsel folks?

There are all sorts of masters' degrees, many of which cost more than they will ever benefit you financially. You can go so many different directions with a good science background, there really aren't any graduate fields that are completely off limits... it just depends on what you want to pursue.

I would look to see what kind of Masters states and hospitals require for a PA to practice. It may be a clinical masters ..... alot of schools offer online and in persons Masters programs for PAs with undergrad degrees. However, I am not sure if that meets requirements at the types of places you are interested in. FOr example I think one state requires a masters for state licensure of PA's (i think)... What kind of masters is that? If it did not matter I would probably obtain an MPH and MBA in health mgmt. I feel they open the most doors.

Archived