BOOKLIST. whoa

I have received my booklist for the Spring/Summer 2011 for the entering class of 2011 January. It is very large and about 900-1200$. Do most people buy the books all before classes start or wait a week or two in, and see how it goes with a few of the book sthat previous students say they used most?!

I only purchased a few of the main texts that we needed for school. Never do I buy them all. Perhaps you can buy all the books for the first semester. In subsequent semesters you will have a better idea of what to buy and what not to buy. The good thing is many of the books you use first semester will carry you through the end of the program, and will become great reference books once out in the real world.

• Administrator
The good thing is many of the books you use first semester will carry you through the end of the program, and will become great reference books once out in the real world.

... and this is why I don't skimp on books, but go ahead and buy the whole list. Even if I don't need 'em now, I will likely use them on rotations and in practice.

completely uneccessary to spend 900-1200 dollars... I think I may have spent 250 at amazon my first semester (then sold back a bunch)... There are some text that are useful but not neccessary.... some are just the same information presented differently.. check them out at the bookstore and see which ones work best for you...

I just finished my Didactic year and didn't spend half that on books...I didn't have time to study all my powerpoint lectures sufficiently half the time, why would I buy books that will go right on a shelf and sit there? I figure I will save my money and purchase books that are suggested by preceptors during rotations

Archived