Online PA job opportunities.

Hi, I have been a PA for 20 yrs but 2 yrs ago I underwent heart transplantation for congenital transposition. I would like to return to work but being that I take immunosuppressants to prevent rejection, I am at risk of infection. Does anyone know of any online or at home job opportunities for PA's that don't require patient contact. There are plenty if you have a nursing degree. Thanks

I've been looking into the same quite extensively lately. Honestly, I have not come up with much. One thing worth pursuing could be online teaching. There are many online institutions out there and while it is quite competitive, I have put in an application to a bunch of them and am awaiting replies. Another thing worth looking into could be insurance companies. I haven't looked at this too much as it's more full time stuff, and I don't know the details... but I have heard PA's can make decent money working for insurance companies. Let me know if you come up with anything. Good luck!

Wisconsin and Minnesota have an online urgent care program that hires NPs and PAs, but you must have a license in one of those states. It is limited in what types of patients you "see". I cannot remember the name of the company now, but I believe it is associated with one of the Minnesota hospitals, like Fairview. You might be able to google them and find out..

what type of medicine do you practice? I would imagine if you were in out patient ortho, rehabilitation, psych etc you would have minimal risk ? i have an EMT friend who takes immunosuppressants s/p transplant and works as an RN. I never thought he should consider a career change ... but i guess the best move would be to have a less risky job. The virtual doctor thing sounds sketchy and after a week of talking to people online about sore throat i would imagine boring. I would consider taking your medical license and putting it towards a career in pharma or hospital management. Or maybe consider re training in psych or a similar health field.

Archived