Is it more reasonable to get patient experience as CNA or RN?

Something that has not been mentioned is landing your first job as a RN. I think getting a CNA or EMT job will help you create a healthcare and patient care portfolio that you can put on your resume. It'll not only give you HCE for PA school, but it'll help you land a job. Do both in my opinion.

Another concern of mine is whether PA admissions will look down on the "nursing model" as opposed to the "medical model". I know that a BSN takes lower-level science classes so I will have to compete with other nursing students (entry into the program at my university is tough!) with pre-med level science classes. However, it will be well worth it if it increases my chances of gaining acceptance into PA school.

Well even if a BSN requires a lower level science, typically PA programs require med school science level courses so you would have had to take them anyway.

Also I seriously doubt that they are concerned about the difference in models, its more about your grades and the type of experiences you have had with patients and caring for them. programs bring in people from all facets of healthcare so that you all have something to contribute to the group

Youre being too critical/analytical (Ive been there done that), if you have a chance to get quality HCE then get it, it only makes your app stronger

Archived