Jump to content

Foreign Doctor to PA?

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I got a couple questions. My aunt wants to come to the US and get admitted into a PA program. She has an MBBS (the equivalent of MD), and has been practicing for over 20 years. The problem is that she went straight from high school to the MBBS program, so she doesn't have the undergraduate coursework needed and the gpa. We know a few people who have done this before, but we have no idea how to go about the process in this situation. Are there any programs in the US that would be open to this kind of applicant?


I know it sounds weird going from doctor to PA, but the other route would be taking the USMLE and doing residency and it seems that she just does not want to do this.


Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is in the wrong place!frown.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More