Private Loan for Cost of Living

After my federal award I will need to take out a private loan to cover my cost of living expenses. I am having trouble finding a private loan company that considers my school to be an 'eligible' for a loan through them... which is a little confusing since the financial aid people told me that if I were to take out a personal loan they are not involved in that process in anyway. I am assuming that it would not be worth is it take out a regular personal loan, just to be paying it back every month...So my question is: which companies have any of you gone through to take out private loans without going through your school???

Thanks in advance!!

• 4 weeks later...
What myself and a lot of classmates did was take out a 24 month no-interest credit card. It's not going to cover rent but for food, transportation, books, etc. It's a really good additional resource to get another 6+ thousand dollars available to you at no charge (for now).

Can you give a few examples of which cards to look at?

Archived