Housing Recs?

I know it's a bit early, but I was thinking about housing at UF and wanted to see if anyone had an opinion.

I'm becoming a fan of the on campus housing options, especially Diamond Village (the graduate apartments right next to Shands). I've been to GNV a few times, but would love a student's point of view.

Many Thanks!

Checko

I suggest getting on your class' facebook group and looking for roommates. I'm not sure you'll like the on campus options. If you decide to go with on campus housing you need to get on a waiting list. I do know someone who lives in diamond village - I'll see what she thinks. There's lots of housing near Shands - all depends on your budget. I'd suggest making sure you were on or near a fairly direct bus route at a minimum. By March the class of 2013 will send you some info on housing to help you choose. One problem in Gainesville is that leases usually run according to the main campus calendar - August to July. So you might have to sublease in Summer B. There's campus edge condos that you can usually find a good deal on in walking distance. Oxford manor is also affordable on a tight budget and right on a bus line. If your budget is higher there is Wildflower, Bartram, etc. Lot's of people live in Enlcave which is a little further away but is a straight shot to school.

Archived