Part Time Pediatrics: Call Pay

Hello,

I've been offered a part time (4-6 shifts a month) pediatrics position. The hourly pay is fairly low ($56) considering I do not require benefits or anything else. Malpractice and DEA covered. I would also be required to take 1 night of call per week and 1 weekend per month. The current contract offers no additional compensation. Call is simply phone call answering to parents with concerns. Any thoughts on what would be a reasonable request for additional pay?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So you're taking as much call as actual shifts working? Seems like a shitty deal, especially with the low pay. How often do you get called on average? What's it worth it to you? Do you need this job for some reason or it's just extra? I'd probably take no less than 250 per weekday and 750 for the weekend given it's extra work, extra liability, can't drink while on call, etc.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...