Anyone a Medical Science Liaison?

I have an old NP colleague who made the leap from clinical practice to MSL several years back. From what it sounded like it was a good gig. Not certain about salary but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least mid 100k...also,they put him through a fellowship/residency program and paid him while he was in the program. I thought about doing it also since I was in a specialized field... But... It's a little like being a Drug Rep with more liberties... I used to be a Drug Rep and hated it! Lasted 6 months... Couldn't stand the brand bias. 🤣 

Edited by Joelseff

7 hours ago, Joelseff said:

also,they put him through a fellowship/residency program and paid him while he was in the program

Wow. I'm guessing that was in the same specialty as whatever specialty the MSL work was in. Seems like they put a lot of effort in him. Is he still doing it?

Edited by SedRate

2 hours ago, SedRate said:

Wow. I'm guessing that was in the same specialty as whatever specialty the MSL work was in. Seems like they put a lot of effort in him. Is he still doing it?

Yeah he was in Hepatology and it was a liver transplant fellowship. Yes he is still doing it last I saw him. But this was a few years ago. 

I'll shoot him an email and get more info... 

Edited by Joelseff
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SedRate said:

Oh ok... I was wrong... 😂 His company didn't pay for it but AASLD sponsored him for it. He's pretty connected. He's still with the company but no longer MSL he's a global director now... So it seems upward mobility is pretty good for these pharma companies. 

• Haha 1