MEDEX Anchorage Site

As the site that is last in line, I wanted to see how much interest there is for the Anchorage site this round. It was my top choice, as I reside in Anchorage and Alaska is my homestate. So, any fellow Anchorage applicants out there that join me in my foot tapping? :=D:

Also, I figured we could use this thread to announce any word on the Anchorage site (emails, interviews, acceptance, etc.)

Good luck to everyone!

ToppDog, It's a pretty amazing place. And the rural medicine is on a whole different level. :=D: I highly suggest that you at least visit.

Rich, that's hilarious. It's really not all that bad! But I can't blame her, the winters can get a little long. My plan is to do the Bachelors and then do the Extended Masters at some point.

While it looks like I'm the lone wolf so far. :O_O:

Well I can only speak from an Anchorage class 2 perspective, but we had 2 people from Washington, 1 person from California, 1 from Montana, 1 person from Idaho and 1 from Maine. The majority of the class was from Alaska, but if you have ties to Alaska through military, school, family etc. then I would encourage you to apply even if you are from somewhere else.

Normally they try to give you at least two weeks notice so that you can make travel arranements. They are in early December or Early January. It just depends on which sites have interviews on which days. My personel experience... I got my e-mail in the end of November (28th)for an interview on December 10th and was notified of acceptance December 28th. The timeline may shift left or right but is pretty consistant. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you who got the email about meeting the program pre-reqs, how long after your application was "Mailed" did you recieve the email? My application was mailed on 10/19 and I have not heard anything. I'm thinking it might also have to do with the fact that Anchorage is the last sight to be interviewed...

Can anyone tell me if the interviews are held in ANC or WA? I listed ANC as my first choice as I am a lifelong Alaskan and I currently live and work in a tiny village in Bristol Bay. I am praying to get in since they have stiffened the requirements for future classes. I am not getting any younger and am glad I finally figured out what I want to be if I grow up! :) I have not heard anything about interview dates but a rumor of January....

Has anyone heard anything yet?????

I have not heard anything yet. I believe they are reviewing the applications now, because a few of my friends have got rejection letters. If we are invited to interview, we should hear something 2-3 weeks prior. So that would be around the week before Christmas. Good luck.

It seems what I should have said previously was that these "rejection letters" were simply emails that stated "You did not meet the hour requirement, basic requirements...etc." Which would not have been official rejections letters. Sorry for the confusion!

I have not heard anything from MEDEX. I thought we would get an email stating "You have met the basic requirements and your application is under review," but I have not heard a thing besides them sending automatic receipt of my supplemental app. I did hear recently that since the Tacoma interview will be around the first week of January, the Anchorage interview will be the second or third of January. Also, it seems that there will be a combo interview session sometime in January to fill leftover seats from all sites. While these might be rumors or hearsay, word of anything helps me get through these long weeks!

Here is what I recieved Oct. 27th. I was considerably earlier than most I think as my CASPA was done in Sept. and I submitted everything then.

Thank you for submitting your electronic CASPA and MEDEX applications! Upon initial screening it has been determined that you have satisfied the MEDEX program

prerequisites.

MEDEX has just begun the full review process for the 2012/2013 admissions cycle. You can expect to hear from us again with further details once your file has completed the full file review process.

Hope this helps.... I am on pins and needles myself... and living where there is only a flight to town 3 days per week I am nervous about making it out for the interview. But if I have to charter a flight I will! :)

Good Luck to all and we will all be hanging in there together!

Thanks everone. I am anxious to have them confirm that I met the prereqs (that's got to help akfiddlegirl). I don't have to lose it until everyone gets interview invites:) I did get the acknowledgement of the supplemental app. I'm sure we'll get enough notice for the interview. The minimum seems to be about a week, and this is a program geared to our distances. Good luck to everyone- I hope we'll be seeing a lot of each other over the next few years.

Thanks everone. I am anxious to have them confirm that I met the prereqs (that's got to help akfiddlegirl). I don't have to lose it until everyone gets interview invites:) I did get the acknowledgement of the supplemental app. I'm sure we'll get enough notice for the interview. The minimum seems to be about a week, and this is a program geared to our distances. Good luck to everyone- I hope we'll be seeing a lot of each other over the next few years.

I agree, aktlr, getting that email would help calm my nerves. However, I'm guessing that they are very busy right now. My application was submitted on September 26th and mailed on October 19th...

Archived