Putting the “assistant” back into PA

I found this gem while reading about chaperones:

"The chaperone should be a physician assistant, nurse or medical professional. Qualified professionals better understand the nature and protocols of an exam."

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/994705?ecd=wnl_tp10_daily_230724_MSCPEDIT_etid5678065&uac=156951HJ&impID=5678065

I am a highly trained medical professional.  I am not an assistant.  I’m not an “associate”.  I’m not going to chaperone a doctor or, hand him tools while he works his magic.

Oh.  While the “medical professional” mentioned above is watching the md do whatever, they aren’t seeing patients nor billing for same.  The key here is “assistant”.  You don’t see “np” listed…unless they are included with “medical professional”, which I doubt.

APRNs and NPs don't hesitate to boast their nurseness and how, even though they've been a RN for 10 years and an NP for 10 years, they say they've been a nurse for 20 years, how once a nurse always a nurse (special spotlight on the administrative nurses who haven't worked as bedside nurse in years), NPs keep their RN and moonlight as a RN, and so on. So I'd say they're included in the "nurse" part.