"Video-taped scenario" as part of an interview. What?

I received an interview invitation this morning that states the following:

"The admission’s process will include a light breakfast, info session and program tour, interview with faculty, and a video-taped scenario."

I can only imagine what that means. Are there actors who put me in a hypothetical, your supervising physician is stealing narcs and fudging important paperwork, types of situations?

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

I didn't have a video taped scenario for PA school interview, but I did have one when I was in the application process for a Fire Department. They really just want to see how you react to a moral dilemma. Just always choose the option that shows you have moral integrity.

You didn't interview for a department in Oregon, did you? Have gone through the very same scenerio.

To the OP...don't let it spin you up. It's no big deal. Answer from your heart and you'll be set. If you start over thinking things, then it gets all mucked up. Sure, it's not a "cookie cutter" interview but patients never follow the rules either. Gotta be flexible to be successful.

We had a group scenario based ethics discussion that was video taped at Touro Mares Island. It was pretty laid back so try your best not to get hyped up about it and just go with the flow. Not sure how yours is going to be but just be yourself and look at all the angles before you respond.

Answer from your heart and you'll be set.

...try your best not to get hyped up about it and just go with the flow. Not sure how yours is going to be but just be yourself and look at all the angles before you respond.

Yeah, I figured it would be a what-if type ethical discussion. I'm just worried there will be actors portraying certain medical conditions or crazy situations and I have to jump in and act it out. I'm a PCA. Not exactly qualified to give any medical advice just yet.

I agree that I should discuss my ideas aloud (Who Wants to be a Millionaire-style) before just jumping to a conclusion. This will let them see the way I think.

Archived