Interventional Procedures for PAs

Hey all!

I'm a part of an interventional pain management group in Oregon. I am curious as to what procedures everyone else is doing in there practice. I have been here for about a year and a half and I'm starting to feel more comfortable doing procedure and want to know how far I can go and what others have done. Right now in our group there are PAs who do joint and bursa injections, Trigger Point Injections, and botox for chronic migraine. I have heard of PAs doing nerve blocks as well. I also have seen PAs doing PRP procedures however our group works with Regenexx for all of our orthobiologics and they are very much against PAs doing this so that is a no go right now. I have been doing some reading and it looks like PAs can operate the fluoroscope in the state of Oregon with special training and sitting for a test with the ARRT so that could mean hips, SIJs, and caudals. What else is out there? What is everybody else doing?

EM not pain management.  I do:

• trigger point injections
  • nerve blocks: sciatic, occipital, cervical, sphenopalatine, radial, median, ulnar - all landmark guided.  Just starting to do U/S guided.
  • dental blocks
  • hematoma blocks
  • joint injections: primarily shoulder for reductions
  • digital blocks
  • local anesthesia for procedures: lac repair, FB removal, I&D
  • Like 1