2023-2024 Cycle!

On 9/18/2023 at 9:12 AM, tinafuturepa said:

Hi! Any other "waitlisted for the interview" peeps hear anything yet? Anytime I get an email notification my heart races lol

Nothing yet, and I’m going crazy. I feel like if I were to get off the waitlist, it would have happened by now. Best of luck to everyone else though!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tibia123 said:

Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to attend grand rounds yesterday. For anyone that did go, how was it? I am worried I look bad because I did not go 😞

Hey! They took no sort of attendance or anything. It was a pretty informal event, it was just to give us an opportunity to mingle with some current students and fellow candidates. I wouldn’t stress too much! You’ve got this! ❤️

1 hour ago, FuturePA232 said:

Hey! They took no sort of attendance or anything. It was a pretty informal event, it was just to give us an opportunity to mingle with some current students and fellow candidates. I wouldn’t stress too much! You’ve got this! ❤️

Thank you! I needed to hear this. I am so stressed for tomorrow but it's a good reminder to remember things like this. Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, Tibia123 said:

Unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to attend grand rounds yesterday. For anyone that did go, how was it? I am worried I look bad because I did not go 😞

Hi Tibia123!

I’m WSUPA grad, don’t stress about not making it to GR.  No one is going to hold it against you! I recommend it if prospective students can go because it gives you a little more insight about the program, student and staff interactions and you get to meet and talk to current students and faculty, that being said, most candidates are not able to make it. Have fun at the interview (It was by far the best, least stressful, most fun interview!) the faculty and staff are all super nice, genuine and sincere! How they are on interview day, is how they are all the time! I’m so happy (and grateful) that I went to Westfield! Remember, everyone will be nervous (some people are better at hiding it!). Breath, be kind (these are your potential cohort mates!) and don’t be afraid to introduce yourself and talk to everyone! Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tibia123 said:

It was cool! Nothing too crazy though, students just shared some interesting diagnosis’ that they had during rotation. I feel like most of us candidates talked with each other more than we talked with current students and faculty. It was a nice environment for sure, everyone was very welcoming!

Just now, FuturePA232 said:

Also waitlisted. I wonder if they waitlist everyone who didn’t receive an acceptance 🙃 

I know in previous years there were a lot of folks on the waitlist but there were some denials. I know students have up to 2 weeks to put a deposit down so maybe there will be movement following that 😕

I am really sad.

20 hours ago, Tibia123 said:

I know in previous years there were a lot of folks on the waitlist but there were some denials. I know students have up to 2 weeks to put a deposit down so maybe there will be movement following that 😕

I am really sad.

I feel you. I feel really discouraged as well. This was my second interview, heard nothing back from my first and then waitlisted here... 😕  But it's okay - we WILL get an acceptance, we just have to wait for our perfect fit. Keep your head up. We've got this!!! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, FuturePA232 said:

Has there been any movement on the waitlist? 🙄 I'm wondering if I should withdraw my spot on the waitlist because at this point I'm not sure if I'll have the time/$$ to move before the program starts. 

I am pretty sure the class is full (the facebook group started has 31 people and the class is approved for 30)