2023-2024 Cycle!

35 minutes ago, PrePA66 said:

Does anyone know how important attending the grand rounds is? I am able to attend the interview, but unable to attend the grand rounds. I am just wondering if this will make or break a potential acceptance?

I am also unable to attend grand rounds. I don't think it makes or breaks an acceptance though - just an additional event for people to go to if they are in the area. Just based off past forums I know others weren't able to go as well. I think we will be okay!

Interview invite on 9/5, also part of the Commonwealth Collaboration. I was also curious about the Grand Rounds... I will be flying in that Friday morning and don't know if I will make it after driving in from Boston without rushing around. They also said they would be sending us more information  in the next few days. 

16 hours ago, futuraPA01 said:

Anybody very familiar with the program? Just curious to hear more about what the program has to offer considering its a newer program!

I’m a WSUPA grad. I had a great experience there.  Let me know if I can answer any questions! (I’m working in the ED the next couple of days, but I’ll try to respond asap!)

17 hours ago, chococobean said:

I wonder how many people got invitations and how likely it is to get off the waitlist 

Hi chococobean,

I’m not sure about this year in terms of the number of invites. My class had 105 or 110 people interview for the 30 spots. The waitlist can have movement right up until classes begin in January. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a good way to predict because everyone applies to different program and they may prefer one program over others.

Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist for an interview? If anyone from previous application cycles/classes has any info about this that would be great. I live across the country and would hate not being able to make it if I find out last minute. Or if I should not waste my breath hoping to get off the list if it barely moves. 

8 hours ago, 2023dancerPA said:

What's the Commonwealth collaborative?

The Commonwealth Collaborative is an initiative that guarantees an interview invite to students who graduated from a Massachusetts public four year university, if they meet the requirements of a GPA of 3.5 (with all of the required prerequisites of course), 500PCE hours, letter of recommendation from a PA or MD. 

On 9/13/2023 at 8:30 AM, GrnPA said:

I wonder when they will start calling interview waitlist candidates if spots open up. Such a tight timeline if out of state!

I’m wondering the same thing, but starting to give up hope since I would need to fly across the country. It was a nice feeling to be waitlisted, I just wish I had more information on the waitlist process and where I stood. 

15 minutes ago, FuturePA232 said:

Just got the email confirming the 9/24 interview (yay! 🙌) but there's no information about what type of interview it is. Think they'll let us know ahead of time? Just curious if it's a group interview, individual, MMI, etc... 

If you scroll up in this forum a former student discusses the format. Sounds like it will be one on ones, group interview, writing sample, presentation, student panel and the email listed an optional tour! I would think they would keep this similar format.

7 minutes ago, Tibia123 said:

If you scroll up in this forum a former student discusses the format. Sounds like it will be one on ones, group interview, writing sample, presentation, student panel and the email listed an optional tour! I would think they would keep this similar format.

Okay, great. I figured it would probably stay the same! 🙂 Guess we'll wait and see! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 2023dancerPA said:

Hey anyone know the dress code for Grand Rounds?

Students wear business casual and white coats. For prospective students, business casual would be appropriate (a suit or dress would also be fine)  Look your best, as you will be meeting faculty and students ( you never know who will be interviewing you, and they may remember you from GR!) Don’t be afraid to talk to everyone and ask questions! The students and faculty are all really nice and super approachable! It’s great if you can go, because you’ll get to see some of what you will be doing as a PA student. Have fun! Good luck!