SCUHS: 2023-2024 CASPA Cycle

25 minutes ago, RespThertoPA said:

I spoke with Trina during the PA conference in Anaheim, and they are having three sessions of interviews: Summer, Fall, and spring. Since there is still a spring interview session, I do not think it is too late to apply. There are also only 21 students that are in the FB group.

There were four total students in my interview group. 

Oh wow! So 21 students have been accepted already? There’s 50 spots right? 

Thank you so much for this info! 

On 11/8/2023 at 6:59 PM, pinkscrubs442 said:

Hello, I have an interview next week and was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how long their interview was? Was it short or multiple hours? My interview is in the afternoon.

It’s an hour long.  The first 30 minutes is an intro to the program and a chance to ask questions.  The second half hour is an interview with you and 2 faculty members.  

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, passionatePA21 said:

Hi! Does anyone know if they are substituting other courses for sociology or anthropology? It wasn't required at my undergrad institution so I never thought to take it. I keep receiving emails from this program but I don't have sociology. 

No, I don't believe so. I would reach out to admissions to confirm but their application made it pretty clear that they would not be substituting the course, that it needed to be taken within the department. I've been getting the same email. I myself had taken sociocultural perspectives in sport during undergrad as a Kinesiology major, but because it was within the Kin department, I chose to take Intro to Sociology this semester to fulfill this requirement.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TK0428 said:

No, I don't believe so. I would reach out to admissions to confirm but their application made it pretty clear that they would not be substituting the course, that it needed to be taken within the department. I've been getting the same email. I myself had taken sociocultural perspectives in sport during undergrad as a Kinesiology major, but because it was within the Kin department, I chose to take Intro to Sociology this semester to fulfill this requirement.

Thank you for responding! Yeah, I think I'm just going to sit this one out. I already graduated undergrad and I don't have the time to take this one class that's not required for other programs. I wish you the best though!!! 

1 hour ago, Sarahasa said:

Thank you for responding! I prefer in person interviews but that sounds nice that it is relaxing. Any insight on unique questions asked? 

If you got the email for the invite it should state that the interview is virtual unless they’re doing interviews in person from now on. And no nothing necessarily unique, just be ready to answer questions that usually cannot be studied. Know your experiences and how it relates to the field and most of all be yourself, i know that’s redundant but it’s true! Goodluck! 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, PAfromtheSIP1 said:

If you got the email for the invite it should state that the interview is virtual unless they’re doing interviews in person from now on. And no nothing necessarily unique, just be ready to answer questions that usually cannot be studied. Know your experiences and how it relates to the field and most of all be yourself, i know that’s redundant but it’s true! Goodluck! 

Does anyone know how soon after they submitted their application they got an invite or rejection? 

• 2 weeks later...