2023-2024 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 8:44 AM, Enoooosh said:

Good luck to you all 🙂 If you have any questions about the program, I am currently a first-year and would be happy to answer!

Hi! About how long was the interview process? I'm just trying to make sure im giving myself a good amount of time 🙂 Also, are you enjoying the program so far? Any pros and cons of the location and the program you can share?

On 8/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, PaigeMD said:

Hi! About how long was the interview process? I'm just trying to make sure im giving myself a good amount of time 🙂 Also, are you enjoying the program so far? Any pros and cons of the location and the program you can share?

Hello!

I think the interview process was a few hours, like 4ish? I don't remember much of the interview process anymore. The program is pretty great so far! Didactic is tough but manageable, as expected of any program. We have historically solid PANCE pass rates with the same faculty, so I am not concerned if our education is lacking. Classes are like 2-6 hours a day, so there's plenty of time to study.

Pros:

Small program

Low faculty to student ratio (easy to meet with your faculty mentor for any issues)

Same classroom

Buddy system; if you're accepted, look forward to meeting your buddy soonish 🙂

COL is pretty low in WV (rent is pretty cheap)

Traffic is nonexistent

If you drive to airports in Ohio, the east coast is pretty accessible (All of the BosWash cities are like under $200 RT from Columbus airport)

Cons:

Not much to do in WV besides outdoors activities

No cadaver lab

Local airport has limited options

Food/restaurant options are extremely limited (I'm originally from CA, so this may vary depending on when you're from)

You have to dress business casual everyday for class

Pro/con: We have A LOT of group work, so your experience can vary every semester depending on your groupmates.

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nooor said:

I got an email this morning from the admissions coordinator that she is forwarding my application on to the committee today. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from that process? I graduate mid dec and classes start in Jan so im super nervous about finding housing if needed etc!

I got that same email about 2 months ago but haven’t heard anything else.

Edited by MandM

23 hours ago, MandM said:

Does anyone know if they send out rejection letters or just ghost? I submitted my app first week of June and got an email that my app was being reviewed but haven’t heard anything since then.

I submitted my app around the middle of July and had an interview last week. I would make sure that you have everything submitted and verified. I know they don’t actually start reviewing unless everything (GRE, CASPA, etc) is submitted