2023-2024 Cycle

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 2:13 PM, arj97 said:

Anyone heard from them recently? Submitted like 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything yet 

If you submitted your application 2 weeks ago I don't think you should expect to hear anything back in a while. Most people hear back months later. For reference, I submitted in June and heard back for interview in September.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, PAwannabe2024 said:

Got an interview for 16 Feb, does anyone know if there is a Zoom option? I am quite a ways from that school.

Congratulations! I don't know that they do virtual interviews, at least when I interviewed those from out of state had to fly in. You can contact the program about this for an official response. But if they do offer virtual interviews, it would be on another date. The way they schedule interview days don't allow them to do virtual at the same time.

21 hours ago, arj97 said:

Just got invited to interview! Anyone willing to share how the day is scheduled? Or any tips?

Congratulations! Expect to be at the school for the day (8-4:30 ish). There will be a program overview which will give you more insight into the program and what they're doing to work towards accreditation. There will be a group interview with 3-4 other candidates, an individual interview with a faculty member, an essay, and there will be time for a Q&A (ask questions! Make sure they haven't been answered during the program overview or on the website). The environment is very low stress, breakfast and lunch are provided. The interview day is really over by like 3:30 if I remember correctly, but there is an optional campus tour which I highly recommend you take.

Edited by 68WEMTto65DPAC
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pedsdermpa said:

For those who have received an interview and feel comfortable, would you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting to hear back and was curious.

So far this cycle, 3 interviews, 1 waitlist, 1 acceptance (LR), the other interview is next month. My stats:

cGPA: 3.07
sGPA: 3.33
Significant upward trend, GPA for last 60 credits: ~3.70
Prerequisite GPA for LR: ~3.65
LORs: 3 PAs (two I worked with, 1 shadowed), clinical supervisor, college professor
PA-CAT: not taken
PCE: 3,200 hours at the time of application as a CMA and medic in the Army Guard
Volunteering: About 100 hours, 40 of those in a medical mission trip overseas, the rest at a community clinic
Military service: Yes
Shadowing: 40 hours shadowing PAs

Edited by 68WEMTto65DPAC

On 1/18/2024 at 5:38 PM, pedsdermpa said:

For those who have received an interview and feel comfortable, would you mind sharing your stats? I am still waiting to hear back and was curious.

Hi. I had embarrassingly low stats in academics. My overall GPA was a 2.89 and science was 2.69. My last 30 credits I know my overall gpa was 3.01 but not sure about my science. I applied with the chemistry 2 course not finished yet. Only God knows how I got an interview with not the best GPA. 

- i do have an insane amount of patient and health care hours as a nursing assistant and medical scribe. 
-I had 3 strong LOR (1 PA, 1 professor and 1 MD) 

also, I do hope you get your email for an interview. However, unfortunately, I know that the February 16th interview is the last they are conducting. They said that the interviews that do get sent out after this date will ONLY be for waitlist spots. Good luck! 

On 1/18/2024 at 8:19 AM, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

Congratulations! I don't know that they do virtual interviews, at least when I interviewed those from out of state had to fly in. You can contact the program about this for an official response. But if they do offer virtual interviews, it would be on another date. The way they schedule interview days don't allow them to do virtual at the same time.

Congratulations! Expect to be at the school for the day (8-4:30 ish). There will be a program overview which will give you more insight into the program and what they're doing to work towards accreditation. There will be a group interview with 3-4 other candidates, an individual interview with a faculty member, an essay, and there will be time for a Q&A (ask questions! Make sure they haven't been answered during the program overview or on the website). The environment is very low stress, breakfast and lunch are provided. The interview day is really over by like 3:30 if I remember correctly, but there is an optional campus tour which I highly recommend you take.

Thank you so much!! This is so helpful! I’m excited but nervous lol

On 1/19/2024 at 11:32 PM, wannabePA0827 said:

Hi. I had embarrassingly low stats in academics. My overall GPA was a 2.89 and science was 2.69. My last 30 credits I know my overall gpa was 3.01 but not sure about my science. I applied with the chemistry 2 course not finished yet. Only God knows how I got an interview with not the best GPA. 

- i do have an insane amount of patient and health care hours as a nursing assistant and medical scribe. 
-I had 3 strong LOR (1 PA, 1 professor and 1 MD) 

also, I do hope you get your email for an interview. However, unfortunately, I know that the February 16th interview is the last they are conducting. They said that the interviews that do get sent out after this date will ONLY be for waitlist spots. Good luck! 

I received an interview invite for April 5th!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sdh1002 said:

Does anyone have any insight into the essay portion of the interview and how that works? What is the best way to prepare for that or is it more of a broad healthcare related topic? 

They will give you and everyone else that day the same essay prompt. They are not assessing your knowledge of that particular topic. They are assessing your ability to think critically on the spot. They may also run that essay against your CASPA and supplemental application ones to see if it matches your writing style (ie, did someone else write those other essays for you?). Expect it to be about a healthcare related topic. Don't worry about figuring out which topics it's most likely to be on because there's no way to know. The night before the interview read your personal statement and supplemental essay and make sure to feed off of those for your interview essay. Chances are there will be things you've written in those that are applicable to whatever topic they choose, at least in a general way. That was my strategy, my approach was very similar to my other two essays in the application because they were good enough to get me an interview so they might be good enough to get me the seat (and they did).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

They will give you and everyone else that day the same essay prompt. They are not assessing your knowledge of that particular topic. They are assessing your ability to think critically on the spot. They may also run that essay against your CASPA and supplemental application ones to see if it matches your writing style (ie, did someone else write those other essays for you?). Expect it to be about a healthcare related topic. Don't worry about figuring out which topics it's most likely to be on because there's no way to know. The night before the interview read your personal statement and supplemental essay and make sure to feed off of those for your interview essay. Chances are there will be things you've written in those that are applicable to whatever topic they choose, at least in a general way. That was my strategy, my approach was very similar to my other two essays in the application because they were good enough to get me an interview so they might be good enough to get me the seat (and they did).

This was so helpful!! Thank you so much and congratulations on your acceptance!